From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Weigh To Go! Part 14

Weigh To Go! Part 14 December 2005 Starting Weight: 178.9 Last Month’s Weigh-In: 133.2 Yesterday’s Weigh-In: 134.4 Hey guys! I’m still here! I’ve been trying to find a free minute to post for the last few weeks now and this is pretty much the first chance I’ve gotten. I didn’t mean to go MIA the way I did, it’s just that things got super busy and then super, unbelievably busy and then just plain ridiculous busy! It's funny how a few days turn into weeks which turns into a whole month. I switched over to a new division in our department and got a new very messy office, a new boss, and a ton of new work that had been piling up for months waiting for me to inherit it. I also have been so busy with school and practicum and every time I had a spare, quiet moment to write I knew I should be working on my research paper and I couldn’t in good conscience spend that time blogging, no matter how much I wanted to. But I’ve been missing you and missing posting and now that things are finally settling down a bit I’m hoping that I’ll be back to my regular schedule. Sheesh! Can you believe it’s March already? Where does the time go? So, where to begin. Well, as you can see by the numbers I’m still kind of sort of maintaining. And I think I should use the word “maintaining” loosely because it implies that I’ve been moderate and reasonable in keeping up the good habits that I’ve learned along the way and that really hasn’t been happening. In actuality, I’ve spent weekdays dieting and weekends feeding myself like there’s no tomorrow. I’m basically eating like a yo-yo dieter but instead of a pattern over months I’m doing it over a few days and it’s not healthy. I actually start the week heavier, lose a few during the week and then bloat back up over the weekend due to my Friday, Saturday and Sunday buffet style eating. Really, that’s just not good. I’m working on getting that squared away because eating like that isn’t going to help me in the long run. I also haven’t done a lick of exercise for a while. I did a Pilates work out and took two walks. For the whole month of February. And I really think it shows. At 134 I look worse in my clothes than I did when I was well in the 140's and it just goes to show that this whole weight loss thing really isn’t about just the numbers. So again, another thing that really needs to be remedied. That’s where things are right now, still plodding along even if I was silent for a while. But hey, it’s good to be back!

3 Comments:

Blogger PatL said...

Well, whew, that's a relief, and glad to have you back, and it's not like I've got any room to complain considering how infrequently the blogging train has been tooting its horn over in my little corner of the world!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Lily T said...

controling weekend eating is tough.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Future Me said...

Glad your back Lynne. I missed you!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home