From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Still Doing Well, So Far...

I have done well this week and have been back to normal as far as food and working out goes. Tomorrow the weekend starts and that will be the real test. Weekends lately have consisted of me completely falling off the wagon and acting like Saturday and Sunday are all you can eat buffet days. We're supposed to go stay with some friends this weekend and that's another hurdle for me, I get off track when my routine is interrupted and especially when my brain and stomach think they're in vacation mode. I'm going to do my best though so wish me luck! On another note, I really like this whole Pilates thing. Now it's only been a week of beginner's workouts but I think it's something that I will definitely enjoy enough to stick with. Not to mention that my current level of ability is Suck so it would be great to improve to Not Sucking As Bad. Really though, it's funny how whatever workouts I was doing before have obviously not prepared me for the types of moves this requires. Who knew that I was so unflexible? I have a hard time getting my legs straight, reaching my ankles, keeping my movements fluid, yada yada. Overall it's been fun to try something that's so different from what I've been doing. Oh and I went to the doctor yesterday concerning my lack of energy. They're going to run some blood tests and other such sorts. They should get the results back by Monday. It felt strange, this is the first time that I've ever been to the doctor's without already having an idea of what was wrong with me. It's easy to go in and tell them that I have a cold or a sore throat or a cough, etc. It's harder to try to explain vague symptoms like headaches and lethargy mixed with bouts of insomnia. So who knows, we'll see. On one hand I obviously don't want something to be wrong with me but on the other hand it would be nice to know that the way I've been feeling isn't all in my head and even better is something that can be corrected.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen C. said...

Congrats on successfully making it through the whole week. I am so proud of you! And I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying something new in your routine (I feel a bit like a bull in a China shop while attempting Pilates, myself! ;-) ). Let us know how the test results come back, and good luck at your friends' place this weekend. Just remember: no foods are off limits, but moderation is key...and I think you'll do great! :-) Have fun!

7:49 AM  
Blogger PatL said...

Very cool that you're checking it out with your doc.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home