From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

And So It Begins…

My husband’s family is staying with us for the next few weeks. When I got home last night they were all sitting around eating KFC. A few hours later they made a run to the closest Star buck. Already there are bars of chocolate and candy in the pantry, ice cream in the freezer, and fast food leftovers in the fridge. Help! They eat like this on a regular basis and even if it wasn’t their normal way of eating I couldn’t say anything because I can’t impose my weird food issues on others. They can control themselves around crap food, I can’t, and everyone can’t suffer because of my lack of willpower. On top of it all, my exercise room is now being used as a guest bedroom so I don’t know when I’ll be able to get in there and use Steely Dan. Between the colder weather and the days getting dark early, I can’t go running anymore so he’s been my usual means of working out. We’ll see how I can swing things because I know that I need to get exercise in right now more than ever.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen C. said...

Lynne,
Hang in there, sweetie. And remember something: it's not any more fair for your hubby's family to impose their way of eating on you, than it is for you to impose your eating on them. So you just need to take care of yourself and do what's right for you...in short, what you have been doing. If they want KFC, that's fine...that doesn't mean you have to eat it. If you can find a healthy choice, great, but if not, then you shouldn't feel guilty for taking part of dinner elsewhere (even if that means making it at home). Stay strong and remember...what's good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander. ;-)

5:58 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Sounds like dieters hell, but hang in there, its only a short bit of time. On that note keep thinking will giving in to bad habits now make me feel good when I get on the scales at the end of the month? If the answer is no find a way to keep that thought uppermost in your mind, so you are constantly reminded of what YOU REALLY WANT IN THE LONG RUN! not what sounds good right now.

(sorry didnt mean to shout, but that part is really important) ;-)

2:20 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

oh weird, I just did a post this morning about my in-laws and their awful eating habits. My problem is when we go to THEIR house and don't want to be rude by refusing food. ha!
Keep it up girl - stay focused on yourself :)

11:52 AM  
Blogger M@rla said...

Run for your life now! Stay with a friend for a few weeks! :-)

My in-laws (and husband) eat like famished wolverines. I have never seen such thin people eat so much food - surely more than their own bodyweight every day. Not UNhealthy food, but not exactly healthy either. And they eat all day long, one meal and snack after another.

Did I mention none of them are fat? I think I hate them.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Mich said...

Crunches, pushups and burpees in the living room. Walk when you can. Keep a water bottle nearby at all times. And don't worry; this too shall pass and they will leave eventually. :-) Good luck!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Ugh. Are they 900 pounnds? Sending you lots of strength and courage to resist and keep up your good work and efforts! I find that if I eat a lot of junk and crap I just feel icky (it's amazing how much it just really wears me down...it may be easy but man you can tell that fast food and junk food is just NOT good for you).

Happy Holidays!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home