From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Workload Can Get A Little Heavy But It's Ok Because I've Been Lifting Weights

Boy this time of year gets hectic, doesn’t it? I’ve been out of fatblogland for the past week due to the fact that life finally caught up with me and tackled me to the ground. Sure, exercise has built up my endurance but there’s only so far you can run before life’s big To Do list gets a hold of you and pins you into submission. Other than that though, I’ve been doing really good. My eating is great and well balanced, my exercising is consistent, and in fact today I’m having a skinny day. Have you ever had one of those? You wake up in the morning and you just feel like you lost a pound or two. And it’s not because of dehydration, it’s not that you were bloated and now it’s finally gone away, instead it feels like a sudden but very real loss. And you wonder, what brought that on? In general, for me, weight loss is a consistent process, small variations but generally slow and steady. Then every once in awhile I’ll have a week where all of a sudden a couple of pounds are gone. And it really is enough to be noticeable, I’ll wake up and I can tell that my stomach feels smaller and then I’ll get dressed and my clothes will fit looser and I wonder, what happened over night? I’m going along doing what I always do (as far as I can tell) and then there will just be a random big loss. I don’t know if maybe I did something different without knowing it, or if it’s just a natural process or whatever but either way, I’ll take it! Oh and also, pictures. Ok, so I was thinking maybe a flickr account would be good but I have no understanding of such things and so I need to look into it. I need something private that can only be viewed with my permission, which I imagine is possible?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

I looooove those skinny days :-)

10:13 PM  
Blogger Jen C. said...

Lynne,
You could also post your pictures to Shutterfly. That would allow you to have to send someone the link (via an invite) to actually view them. And it's VERY easy to use if you've never worked with a program like it before... Just a thought! :-)

6:24 AM  
Blogger FatMom said...

Well, you're doing beautifully, Lynne! Consistent loss is a wonderful thing! Good for you!

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home