From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

You All Are Sweeter Than Halloween Candy!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, what would I do without you guys? Thanks for all your nice comments and support! It’s come at a time when I really need it (seeing as I’m still feeling at a standstill) and it’s just nice to know that others can understand what this whole weight battle is like. It’s strange; I have wonderful, supportive people in my “real” life but no one that I can truly relate to when it comes to this whole fat/body image/food issues thing. There are times when I’m working everyday (sometimes it feels like every moment) on this weight loss journey and I feel like it’s such a private, invisible thing that’s mainly going on within me. It occupies so much of my time and mental energy and yet it’s something that I don’t ever really talk about and nobody knows how much of me is just consumed by it. In a way, it’s almost lonely sometimes! So my point is, thank you for being there everyone! Tonight I’ll be going with my family to watch my nephew trick or treat. He’s 2 ½ so old enough to tell me “No!” if I start to eat his candy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Future Me said...

Lynne, you are so awesome. I'm so proud of you for everything you've done this year. Sometimes I feel like i could have written your posts. Losing weight is such a personal thing, yet we need every bit of support we can get. That's why fatblogland is so awesome. Keep it up girl! You are rocking this!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home