From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Boots, Round 2

So over the weekend I decided that I was going to find something that matched those damn boots or I would take them back. Either I’d wear them with a really awesome outfit that would make me feel cute and sexy or I’d just go get my money back. I put the boots in the trunk of my car (just in case) and went through the mall on a mission. I ended up leaving with an awesome pencil skirt and Capri dress pants that look really cute with the boots so I’ve decided that they have earned a place in my closet after all. I hope you guys are not bored into a coma due to reading two posts in a row about whether or not I’m going to keep a pair of shoes but I think I’m dwelling on this because it’s become about more than just the boots. It’s about me being ok with breaking out of my comfort zone. It’s about me feeling like a person who is confident and with it. I’ve always seen other girls wear a certain style or fashion that’s popular and I’ve always thought they look great doing it. Key word being “they”. Clothes like that were for them but not someone like me. I was too fat or too gawky or too fill in the blank with some other self-criticism. I remember when I was a young girl my mom would go shopping. When she got home she would try on what she had bought and sometimes there were things she would take back. She’d say that she had liked it in the store but now she wasn’t so sure. I remember she’d try things on and look at herself in the mirror with a look of exasperation and indecision on her face. I don’t know if when she was doing that she was experiencing the same feelings that I feel now, she never talked about it, but I think I recognized that same look on my own face in the mirror the night I brought those boots home and tried them on. My mom always says that she spent too much of her young adult life worrying about things that didn’t really matter. I think I’m getting to an age where I can understand that.

3 Comments:

Blogger PatL said...

How wonderful! It's so fun to feel trendy. I'm sure you and your boots will be very happy together.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Yay I am so glad you kept the boots, I was really hoping you would ;-)

Nice to hear you found some great clothes to go with them too, I love finding nice clothes that I actually believe I look good in.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Xena said...

Go girl! I hope they make you feel sexyyyyyy!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home