From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

More Fun With Numbers

So the other day I wrote a post about fitting into size seven jeans. Very exciting stuff! Well, today I went and bought some dress slacks for practicum because all my other dress pants are size 10 or bigger. Can you believe I bought pants in a size 6 stretch from Old Navy? Size 6 sounds teeny tiny to me! I’m just a little full of myself tonight over that. So here’s the weird thing. I bought a pair of pants in gray and a pair in brown. They are the same brand/cut/fabric type/pattern/style/everything. Only difference is their color. At the store I tried on the grays and they looked really good so on the way out I just picked up the brown ones. When I got home I tried on the brown pants and they are way tighter! I checked the labels and supposedly they’re the same but the difference when they’re on seems like almost a whole size. I figure I’ll call myself a size 6 (because that feels good to say!) and I’ll use the brown pants to judge changes in my body. It’ll be nice to see that they fit super tight now but every week they’ll hopefully fit just a little looser.

1 Comments:

Blogger PatL said...

I've had that experience, at the Gap and other places. So now, I either try every pair on, or I buy something without trying it on if I'm in a hurry and I know I will be able to bring it back if it doesn't fit. It seems to happen mostly with pants.

Congrats on the 6! I think the last time I was a size six was when I was 9 or something! It would be the last stages of anorexia to get me down to a six!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home