From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Not The Norm

So a kind of weird thing happened today. I woke up and had oatmeal for breakfast around 9. (That’s not the weird thing.) I then went and ran about a million errands because I had today off and I wanted to get things done before the big three day weekend starts. Well because the day was so busy, I didn’t get to eat throughout the day like I usually do and found myself at 4:00 running on the 130 calories I’d had at breakfast. I went to dinner with my parents and even after eating until I was full, I’d only taken in 630 calories for the day. I even ran two miles today so I expected to be extra hungry. It’s now 9:00 at night and I’m still full from dinner and while it’s not good that I’ve eaten so little today, I don’t want to force myself to eat when I’m not really hungry. I very rarely find myself on the underside of my calorie target. I’m going to snack some grapes and honeydew as a small dessert but I think I’m done for the night. So yeah, that was weird. Would you guys go with what your appetite is telling you or by the knowledge that you should give your body enough calories to avoid slowing down your metabolism? I mean, should I add a few extra calories to tomorrow’s meals?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen C. said...

I would just take it in a stride. I definitely wouldn't add more calories to the upcoming days. Just proceed as you normally would. And maybe make that your "low" day for the week... As long as you don't conciously limit yourself that much in the future, one day isn't going to hurt. (Sort of like one day of eating over your calorie target once in a while doesn't hurt...it's when the extremes become a habit that we have a problem!) And, guess what? The way I've been tracking my calories is DEFINITELY working...I'm down 10 lbs from last month! WOW! I definitely wasn't eating enough for the amount of exercise I was doing!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home