From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I Heart You All! (And Admire You For Putting Up With Me!)

What would I do without you guys? I notice in my posting that I’ll go along just fine, enjoying the fact that I’m totally kicking ass at losing weight and then all of a sudden (and often for no real reason) I have a little freak out and I climb up the crazy tree. As soon as I post though, I notice that it seems to set me right again and I climb back down to normal. My last post is a prime example; just a few days ago I declared myself an official bad ass and then yesterday I panicked because I got scared that maybe all these changes that I’m making are a passing phase. I completely agree with xena, I’m always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I think I’m just so happy that things are going my way that it makes me all the more worried that it will somehow suddenly end. As it turns out, there’s no need for me to worry. I had a great run today and I’m planning on having a great run tomorrow. And if there are days where I’m not in the running mood then oh well, and I’ll do something different. The thing that counts is that I’m making real progress and getting real results and I’ll remember that on days when I’m having a mini-crisis or a TOM-induced pity party. Really I think my whole blog is like that, ups and downs, highs and lows, achievements and disappointments. I think that as manic as it seems, these fluctuations are just part of the journey. I think we pretty much all seem to bounce around like that as we face new challenges and conquer old demons. It makes me think, what did I do before I was able to reach out and connect with all you lovely people? All those feelings and emotions bouncing around and no outlet! Which makes me want to say thanks guys for being there and sorry for all the ping-ponging emotions! It’s just a byproduct of me getting my shit together!

3 Comments:

Blogger Future Me said...

Hey Lynne. I'm so glad you're blogging, because every time you have a new post it really makes my day. You are seriously an inspiration right now with how great you're doing. Don't worry, you're running is only going to get better. I know it!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Xena said...

Lynne, I feel the same, and agree that blogging really keeps me on track too. I don't understand those crazy ups and downs, but as long as I keep moving forward, I guess that's the best solution! Let's keep going!

9:06 AM  
Blogger FatMom said...

Lynne...I hear ya! I feel like an extreme schitzo sometimes. I just don't know which way is up...you're doing great! Keep it up!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home