From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Why Walk A Mile When You Can Run It?

Every muscle in my body is sore! Not only did I manage to do a bad ass workout on Thursday but I pulled it off everyday this weekend. I realize that sometimes I underestimate myself. If someone a week ago had asked me to run a mile after lifting weights and completing a hill course on Steely Dan I would have told them that I’m not in good enough shape to do that. But Thursday after I looked up the distance I ran I realized that I had done a mile and I felt like I probably could have gone further. So today on my run I went a little further and actually clocked up a mile and a half. And still, I think I probably could have gone further. I only turned around because I knew I had things to do and only had so much time allotted. This is the first time that I’ve ever tried to track distance for my workouts; even with Steely Dan I use the time and course features without paying attention to the distance that I clock up. I guess it just goes to show that I am doing better than I ever would have given myself credit for.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendell said...

Well done Lynne!! It's sounds like you're in great shape - keep up the fantastic work!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Future Me said...

Woo hoo! You are rocking it!

8:02 PM  
Blogger FatMom said...

Wow, very impressive, Lynne! Have you been running? Or did you just decide to try it? Congratulations!Awesome!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Lynne thats so great. It would be cool to see how far you could go when you dont have to worry about getting back to do other things.

Keep on running girl!!

11:37 PM  
Blogger tash said...

Hey Lynne! You are still the go to blog for people who need inspiration (like me right now). So proud (and in awe) of you, keep it up!

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home