From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Obsess Much?

I've been over thinking things just too much lately. For example, here’s what will run through my mind: Less than twenty pounds to go; I could do that by Halloween. Boy, Halloween, that’s the start of the holidays. Thanksgiving and Christmas always add a couple of pounds. I need to make sure that I don’t gain all this weight back during the holidays. It wouldn’t be the first time I did something like that. I need to start preparing now. Then I realize it’s only the beginning of August. And that I seriously need to chill out and quit worrying so much. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; it’s hard to take everyday one step at a time while at the same time trying to make long-term changes. That is a hard balance to keep up without driving yourself crazy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Future Me said...

OMG this is totally me! Every day I calculate and recalculate how many days there are until this or that and how many pounds I can lose and what I'm going to be able to do. It is crazy!

It was good to read this post though, because now I know that I just need to take a step back, keep doing what I'm doing, and I'll get where I need to be whenever I get there. Whew!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Jen C. said...

Remember, Lynne: no time limits! Every time we place those restrictions on ourselves we usually find it's too much pressure and we find a reason to come tumbling down off of the wagon! This is where it really helps me to remember that this is a lifestyle change this time and not a diet. It's not something that we're going to be able to stop doing once we reach our goal weights, and we will occasionally gain a pound over the holidays and have to work to take it right back off. That said, hopefully our new, healthier eating habits will prevent us from gaining too much additional holiday fluff! I also wanted to take this opportunity to tell you that you've inspired me to stay away from the scale for the whole month of August (as tough as that is for me). I love that you only weigh in once a month and just keep on plugging along otherwise. And I'm also returning to my blog post (after a very hectic month of July) as of today...so I hope you'll continue checking in with me too. Don't be too hard on yourself and keep doing what you're doing. After all, it's working! :-)

6:21 AM  
Blogger Xena said...

Ah yes, the lure of "I'll lose xx pounds by such-and-such-a-date". If I lost a pound for everytime I've made those calculations... :-) Being OCD at heart, I just love doing that sort of thing, and it thrills me to no end to write how many pounds I'll weigh by the end of each week until that date blah blah blah. Of course, if I don't actually *do* anything towards that goal, it doesn't work too well!

I enjoy reading your blog - keep up the great work.

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home