From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Universe At Work

Today I didn’t feel like working out and I had no other excuse other than that I felt like lazing on the couch. I argued back and forth with myself and finally decided I would just keep on lying there. I told myself that there’s always tomorrow. Even though I hadn’t worked out yesterday, or the day before, or the day before that. And um, the day before that one… So, after making my decision to spend the night like a sofa pillow, I was lying comfortably on the couch watching Food TV when the cable went out. I was like, “Fine! I get the hint, Universe!” and figured that I would take that as a sign to put a workout dvd in and get my ass in gear. There is something about having a great workout and really pushing yourself after slacking off for a few days. I felt really good afterwards and I had to wonder (just like I always do) why don’t I just do that from the beginning? 99% of the time I really enjoy working out as soon as I start. It seems so easy, right? But I’m sure I’ll conveniently forget this fact the next time I’m glued to my couch.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

I TOTALLY agree. Exercise gives you such a buzz afterwards. Being hot and sweaty and knowing that you've done something good for yourself is such a great feeling.

You are doing incredibly well with your weight loss. I'm sure that this weight will stay off too, as you've made whole lifestyle changes. Congratulations!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Wendell said...

I try to trick myself by saying things like - just get out and start walking - if it sucks as much as you think it will, turn around after a mile and at least you'll have done something. IN fact, I don't think I've ever turned back. Once you get going, like you say, you get into it and want to carry on. Even though I *know* that, I can't convince myself of it at the time. So I resort to tricks!

3:08 AM  
Blogger FatMom said...

Lynne, you've got to push yourself even when you don't feel like it because...the feeling afterwards is so wonderful! THEN you can laze on the couch with no guilt. Congrats on the DVD yesterday!!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home