From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Monday, July 10, 2006

One Plate, One Fork, One Glass Equals Easy To Clean

My husband is a big snacker; he can eat a huge meal and then a little more than an hour later end up back in the kitchen eating a mini-meal. (His idea of a snack is what I’d call a dinner-size portion!) When he sits down on the couch next to me with a big bowl of ice cream, I’m often inspired to dig around in the kitchen too before realizing that I’m not really that hungry and that I'm just eating to eat. So with him out of town this week for work, I’m planning on a ton of exercise to pass the time and some light and healthful eating. It’s funny though because being left to my own devices doesn’t always result in a week of on-plan behavior. Actually, I usually do either really good with eating or really bad with eating when he’s gone, with no in-between. In previous times I’ve spent a week doing the best gym routines of my life and there’s also been those times when Burger King, Home of The Whopper became Burger King, Home of Lynne. Sometimes when I'm by myself I really get into cooking for one and sometimes I love the fact that all I have to do is hit the drive-thru and the cooking is done for me. Luckily, I had a great day today and don’t foresee any problems with the rest of this week (knock on wood!) I think the lack of temptation is from that 5-pound challenge dangling before me. I realize that as silly as it sounds, small mini-goals totally bring out the hard core competitor in me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Future Me said...

I always plan to do well when I'm by myself - I think about how easy it will be because I can just do whatever I want and there is no one there to sway my decision, but for some reason life doesn't always work as planned. You sound highly motivated though, so I bet you'll do great. 5 lbs down in no time!

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home