From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Monday, June 19, 2006

The Plan: To Make A Plan

Thank you to everyone for all the nice encouraging comments on the last post! It feels so nice to read them because I know that you guys know just how much that victory meant to me. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you guys are the best! All of you bloggers mean so much to me and I had to make sure you all know that. Boy, did I have a crazy day today! I’m so tired right now; it’s after 10 and I just barely got home. It makes my head spin to think that I’ll be pulling these 14 hour days for the next few months. More than anything, this schedule requires planning in advance to keep on track with eating. I need to bring enough bottled water to get me through the day and something for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. The food I bring has to be something that can be dragged around for up to 14 hours and ideally doesn’t require refrigeration or microwaving but is hearty enough to actually pass as a meal. I don’t know about you guys but I tend to be the type of person who needs at least one hot meal a day. It’s really going to take some effort because this is often how I fall into the trap of eating crap ass foods. I tell myself that I deserve to eat: The greasy, oily pizza from the vendor at school because it’s the only “real” (where real equals hot) food I’ve eaten all day! Or that a Snickers bar makes a great dinner because peanuts are good for you! Or that Doritos are almost a vegetable because they’re made out of corn! Or many of the other numerous little excuses that I come up with when I’m tired and hungry. Luckily, I stayed on track with my eating today but I was a total bitch while doing it. Also, I obviously wasn’t able to workout today due to my crazy schedule. How strange after it has become such a routine part of my day! I don’t like sitting at a work desk and then sitting at a school desk and then going home to lie in a bed; I need some activity! I think I’ll make an effort to use the stairs, move the trash bin further from my desk, use further away restrooms, etc., etc. just so I get up and move around a little. Ok, I'm off to read how your day went!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Long days at work are the worst! All you really want is a big plate of steamed veges, but all you can find is the fat-soaked processed crap in the vending machine.
Low fat sachet soups, 'good' snack bars and carrot sticks are my stand-by.

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home