From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Not So Frustrated Anymore

Everything is back to normal now. My pants are fitting like they did before last week (super snug but at least wearable) so I guess that was just a fluke. It's probably what you guys all commented about; my body was totally freaking out from all that good eating and exercise! I have been so sore from working out everyday and my body isn't quite sure what hit it. But I feel great, this week has been insanely stressful and the workouts are so great for burning off anxiety and getting my mind off of things. Well, I better get back to work. I'm up against some crazy deadlines and that's why I haven't been in to post more this week. I did want to make sure I stopped by today to say hi in case you were worried that my lack of posting was a sign that I had gone off the deep end and was now permanently parked in front of the fridge!

4 Comments:

Blogger runny_yolk said...

YAy for pants that fit better than they did a week ago!

4:42 PM  
Blogger M@rla said...

THREE TIMES recently I weighed myself in the morning and found I had gained several pounds. Each time I became disheartened and depressed, and decided "there's no point in working out or dieting!" Then each time I managed to kick myself in the ass by thinking "I will actually feel worse if I don't exercise." And then each time I'd lost the excess weight within 24 hours! I know, this sounds like some sort of chain letter - "If you workout for 45 minutes and send this message to ten other people, you will lose 5 pounds!" Well, of course the one day's workout didn't make me lose 5 pounds; it was that infamous water weight I throw around so easily, but I keep thinking "If I had allowed myself to get discouraged because of the gain and GAVE UP, I really would have gained five pounds by now."

Okay, no matter how I try to tell this story it sounds like "inspirational" drool. I don't mean it that way, I just mean that sometimes you have to forge ahead even when you're not getting results.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Exactly, Marla!
When you're giving it your all, both exercising and dieting, and you see a "gain" it is beyond frustrating and discouraging! You feel like you're doing your best and that's not working so what more can you possibly do?

I'm glad that I stuck to it. You're right, I'd rather have a few temporary pounds of water weight instead of just giving up and gaining permanent pounds of fat!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Wendell said...

Glad to hear the pants are fitting again! I find that tight clothes are more disheartening than high scale numbers, because they are harder to think reasons to explain. Well done for sticking with your plan even when it didn't appear to be paying off! If you can manage that, you can't fail.

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home