From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Unseen Victories

You know what’s great? When you see changes in your body, changes that are only visible to you, and you feel so proud and happy with yourself. That’s great. It’s great because it’s not about me looking for other people to validate me. It’s not about me thinking that I only deserve to be proud of myself if I’ve hit some large milestone. It’s just about doing something everyday for myself and taking pleasure in doing it. So do you want to know what made me so proud of myself? Don’t laugh! I noticed yesterday when I put my pants on that there was just a little less back fat bulging out. I lost maybe a millimeter or two of fat, something that is absolutely unseen by anybody but oh so noticeable to me. I’ve done so much negative self-talk about flaws on my body that nobody else can see, so it’s nice to praise and enjoy improvements that are visible only to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger M@rla said...

Oooohhhhh.... back fat! The bane of my existence! Good for you.

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home