From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Tight Pants Dance

As I wrote about in a previous post, I was confused as to what size I was. I was wearing size 10 jeans that were a little loose but ironically couldn’t fit into another pair of jeans that were size 11’s because they were too tight. Yesterday morning after my “De-pantsing while buttoned and zipped” victory I decided to go into the closet and face those size 11’s again. Well this time I was able to get them up and buttoned! They were just a little too snug around the ass and thigh area to look good but the waist fit was right and I was determined to wear them. I’m sure you guys know what that means; yep, lunges and squats to stretch them out. Don’t you think it’s funny that everybody knows this trick? And I think everybody has their different focus when doing it, depending on what part of the pants they need stretched out. For me, I need the stomach of the pants to stay the same but the booty and thighs to stretch out. I’ve found that the best way to do this is to spray those target areas with a water bottle and then do deep squats and side lunges. I broke them in enough to wear to school yesterday and after a few hours of wearing them I wasn’t sure if that had been the best idea. They really felt pretty tight! But then I realized that I’ve kind of gotten used to my clothes being a little too baggy. When I looked in the mirror, they looked and fitted fine so maybe it’s just me having to get used to these pants being fitted to my body. The best thing though is knowing that they’re very snug now but eventually they’ll become looser, then eventually they’ll need a belt and then eventually they’ll be banished from the closet forever for being too big and therefore unwearable and not needed! That’s a motivating and fun thing to look forward to!

4 Comments:

Blogger Wendell said...

Water bottle! Cool - thanks for the tip!! I do squats, but never thought about lunges and side lunges. And that's my trouble area too. This has been a very educational post for me, thanks!!

2:13 PM  
Blogger tash said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:11 AM  
Blogger tash said...

way to go Lean!!

6:12 AM  
Blogger PatL said...

Woo hoo! The incredible shrinking Lynne! Never did the water bottle thing, but that's a great tip. You go girl! You should read your first post, and now this one. What a change.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home