From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Feel The Burn!

I’m going to start kicking up my resistance band exercise routine and adding in some girlie push ups as well. I love that achy feeling that you get after really pushing those muscles and I had such a hard time lifting my backpack because my arm muscles were pleasantly worn out from a particularly good set yesterday. Add to that the fact that I went to the university and due to the high for today being friggin’ 88 friggin’ degrees (31 C), everyone and their grandmothers were wearing spaghetti straps, halter tops, and tank tops. I can’t wear any of those right now! Seriously, I put the Tank in tank top! Instead I wore my sandals and short sleeved v-neck because that’s as sexy as I get (for now)! Sorry I’m bitching about the weather again but reminders that it’s about to get God awful hot around here keep popping up. I go through this every year where I have conveniently forgotten that I live on the surface of the sun and it always takes awhile to prepare myself after some painful reminders. For instance, I walked into Target yesterday where I was smacked with the sight of their very large bathing suit section. I swear when you see something like that you feel like getting down and doing crunches and donkey kicks on the spot! I felt like I should be jogging in place while I was waiting in the check out line!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home