From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Hey! Laughing Burns Calories!

My husband and I realize that we’re kind of boring people. We’re both working students and sometimes we’re just so tired that we don’t want to go out. Instead, our favorite past time consists of lying on the couch in our pajamas watching Tivo and heckling whatever show that’s on. We will basically heckle anything, from America’s Next Top Model to Food TV shows. Unfortunately I wish I could say that we’re super clever at it and that’s why we do it so much but in fact it’s just the opposite. As we go along we regress in maturity and most of our jokes are about the level you would find in 12 year olds (Think Mystery Science Theater 3000 only not as witty or grown up.) So the other night we’re enjoying ourselves as we make fun of “The Next Food TV Star” and my husband bumps my leg as he gets up to fetch me another diet soda. So I looked up at him and asked in mock outrage, “Why did you assault me?” to which he responded, “Because I couldn’t a-pepper you!” Ugly, I know! Not funny, I know! (Read it out loud if you don’t get it at first. What? Still not funny? Yep, I know.) But we laughed our heads off and have since taken to repeating it to each other for kicks. Why? Because we’re dorks, our humor levels are that of children, and obviously we should start making an effort to get out more.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cute!! I think it's great you have someone to make stupid jokes with and laugh about silly things with... we should all be so lucky! Inside jokes with a lover are da bomb.

7:22 PM  
Blogger tash said...

I think couples usually invent a language that's all their own and that's all that posting proves to me. If you sat in on a converstation between me and B for Boy, you would not understand what we were cackling about 89% of the time. So there! I actually think it's great you and your hubby are on the same wavelength and that comment he came back with was actually quite witty when I think about it.

5:25 AM  
Blogger PatL said...

it is too funny! I love plays on words!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home