From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Boy Don't I Wish!

Every time my girl Shakira does something new I always get a lot of “Hey! You look like Shakira!” comments. So after her awesome performance on American Idol last week I’ve gotten that remark at least six or seven times now. I’m a mixture of Irish, English, Scottish, Mexican (and who knows what else) so I do have a coloring similar to hers and for a while I was rocking long blonde wavy hair. So I guess I can see the connection but that’s about where the similarities end! It would be awesome if I did look like her, what a body! She is absolutely gorgeous, curvy and sexy and very womanly. If I could pick a body to have, she would probably be my top choice. I think it’s funny when people tell me that I look like her because I feel like what they’re not saying is that I resemble her plus forty pounds. Yes folks, Lynne is a poor man’s Shakira plus forty pounds! At least I can say that I don’t mind the comparison because she really is beautiful so that’s got to be a compliment, right? So whom do you get told that you look like? Is it good or bad? Accurate or totally wrong?

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendell said...

I can totally see it - you really do look like her! Lucky you! I don't really get told I look like any one person. I've heard a few over the years, but it usually had to do with the way I was wearing my hair at the time. The most recent one was my husband's sister said she thought I looked like the chick from Hitch. Only, too bad I don't. That chick is all dark skinned and exotic and I'm the palest pale person to ever hide from the sun. Nevertheless - I'll take it!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

According to some, I look like Reese Witherspoon when I am blonde. I don't see it myself! Someone once told me I looked like Kirsten Dunst. Same as you, I imagine they mean "You look like her - if she, you know, ate her twin or something."

11:23 PM  
Blogger tash said...

I used to get told when I was thinner, that i looked like the blonde girl from "salt n pepper" remember them?. That was before I put on weight and before she started taking testosterone shots cos she now looks insane. I've got told (i'm a bit embarrased at this one) that I look like beyonce in goldfinger (cos i'm in an afro growing stage, I just cut my hair short) but this is something I really cannot believe because I really do admire beyonces bootylicious booty. I think she's the exact body type I'm working towards.

5:54 AM  
Blogger tash said...

sorry, I think the movie was goldmember not finger...ooops.
And Alea is right, you are totally gorgeous, I can see why you get compared to her.

5:57 AM  
Blogger runny_yolk said...

Wow aren't you lucky! Just take it as a compliment, I'm sure NO ONE means you are Shakira plus 40 lbs. :)

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home