From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Last Cold of The Winter?

I had a great time on Friday night. I had a margarita, about three quarters of my chimmichanga, some chips and salsa, grapes for dessert and then three Girl Scout Thin Mints cookies. Not too bad, a more than reasonable meal for anyone and a success for me! Even better is the fact that I had this meal on Friday night and then didn't spin out of control into a full on weeklong binge. My eating has been very healthy and I really haven't eaten very much since Friday. I can't take full credit for this sudden expression of willpower though. I woke up Saturday morning with a really nasty cold. A sore throat is about the only thing that can deter me from eating! As I mentioned in my last post, I had these great plans about starting an exercise regiment. I have this next week off from both work and school for spring break. I never get time off like this so I thought it would be the perfect week to get my exercise program down and practice being consistent with it. I was even considering trying some running, weather permitting. Instead, I woke up Saturday morning feeling yucky and now here it is Monday and I still can’t shake feeling sick. I have a cough, stuffy nose, sore throat and I get out of breath getting off the couch. I’m just not feeling a lean, mean exercising machine. I think I’ll baby me today with medicine and hot tea and maybe try some exercise tomorrow.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wendell said...

I think you're doing the right thing by taking care of the cold before exercising. The sooner you are better, the more exercise you can do! And it sounds like you are doing really well food-wise so no worries. Well done for Friday and resisting the I've-already-blown-it weekend binge. I need your will power!!!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Good on you! That's one of the hardest things for me, not going into a tailspin after a planned "bad" meal. Excellent work! I hope this cold gets going soon, and I agree that it's better to get healthy. You can make an illness pretty bad if you try to work out while sick. Get better soon!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Good for you. I know all about the weekend binging, good for you for getting back on the wagon. Hope you feel better.

6:50 AM  
Blogger PatL said...

I'm envisioning you marching with your "exercise regiment". In my vision, I have you swinging a drum major's baton. :o)

My latest typo was the heading of my post: "caramelized onion and bacon tar"! Yep, them onions & bacon make for mighty great tar!

Hope you're up to it soon!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Ha, Patl, I didn't even notice that I used regiment instead of regimen! Maybe that's a little Freudian slip as I continue in my battle of the bulge!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Hope you'll feel better soon!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home