From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Viva Mexican Food

We’re going to dinner with my mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law and my little nephew tonight. We’re going out for Mexican food and I figure I’m not going to worry about the nutritional value of a chimmichanga or a margarita. Sometimes you sit in agony over should I eat or should I not eat? Sometimes you stress about making good choices and avoid the chips and salsa and ask for no cheese on your meal because it shaves off at least a few calories. Then there are times where you just decide to go and eat and have a good time and you don’t feel guilty about it. You just enjoy a fun Friday night out with the people you love. I’m looking forward to good food and a lot of laughs tonight with a crapload of exercise tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

Mmmmm... Mexican. God, that sounds good. Closest I'm getting is family-recipe taco casserole, which is really good, but nowhere near what I think of when I think of Mexican food.

Maybe next payday I'll take myself to lunch at the place nearby, Las Fuentes. They're good... Well, no, not next payday, the payday after. Next payday almost all goes to bills - wah! I have to wait almost a month for Mexican!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Wendell said...

Right on! Exactly. If you can't let loose and enjoy the hell out of food sometimes it would all be too cruel. Have a great time - you deserve it!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home