From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Weigh To Go! Part 2

So yesterday was my second weigh in and things went well! I'm down 6.5 pounds (2.73 kilos)! That takes me to a current weight of 161.7 lb or 73.18 kilos! Also, in perhaps an even bigger milestone, I'm wearing my size 11 US jeans! As you can tell from the exclamation marks, I'm pretty excited! I had to double check the math for a second because I didn't believe it at first but I've lost 17.2 lbs (7.73 kilos) since the holidays. Doesn't that sound like a lot? It sounds like a lot to me too! It doesn't look like that big of a difference on me, I look less bloated and more comfortable in my clothes, but I still look kind of flabby. I'm not trying to bitch about a loss, believe me, but last time I was 160 I was a much more fit, shapely 160. This time around I have a lot less tone and so it makes me feel fatter perhaps than I am. Is this making any sense? I just think that it shows that while I've been fantastic about the eating right I haven't been good about the exercise. My exercising is sort of sporadic at best. I get a day or two in and then life happens and I go for a few days without stirring more than a few feet from my desk and couch. I also think that as wonderful as cardio is, it can't solve all your problems. I think that it's time that I start doing some strength training to shape up my muscles. Ha! Look at me talking about adding weight training into my exercise regiment when I can't even be consistent with simple cardio. I know that it's time to start doing it though. I think I've just come to the realization that it's better to be a fit and toned 160 than a skinny fat.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wendell said...

WOW 6.5 pounds!! That is seriously impressive. And 17 since the holidays - I agre, that is a lot! Well done! Congrats on getting into the jeans. : )

12:26 PM  
Blogger runny_yolk said...

That's fantastic - congrats!

3:57 PM  
Blogger tash said...

You have done really well Lynne! I'd say getting a handle on bad eating habits is hard and you've done it, so excercising regularly might be just as hard, but you'll do that too eventually. One step at a time right?

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you that the weight training is key... and hard to fit in. There's a great program on about.com called 8 minutes in the morning that has 2 exercises that you do 3 sets of with a couple of hand free weights at home. Easy & fast and you do see results pretty quickly.

Congrats on the loss! Keep up the great work!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Xena said...

Lynne, that's terrific! 17 does seem like a lot, but hey! I have done weight-lifting off/on for years, and it has always had a great toning effect in a relatively short time. If you've never done it before, there's plenty of information (hopefully mostly correct!) online - start slow and don't overdo it. The results you see may be a great motivator for you to keep up with exercising. Good luck!

12:44 PM  
Blogger YP said...

17.2 lbs is fantastic, well done!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home