From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A Post Where I've Written The Word "Love" In It Like 10 Times

I love strawberries! I love their beautiful crimson red color. I love their soft and tender texture. I love their juiciness when you bite into them. I love how their fragrance floods wherever you store them so that every time you open your fridge that sweet summer aroma greets you. I love them so much that my mom brought home a ginormous flat of them from farmer’s market on her way back from California as a thank you to me for babysitting her dogs. I gotta hand it to her, the lady sure does know how to show her appreciation! So I’ve been happily knee deep in strawberries for the past few days. I love them sliced thinly with a few dollops of whipped cream. I love them sliced into chunks and scattered on top of my sugar free strawberry j-ello, again topped with a cloud of whipped cream. I love them whole with a little bit of splenda sprinkled on every bite. My point? I love them. So like I mentioned in my last post, I am totally feeling the weight loss thing! As a part of my re-found dedication, the super geek inside of me created an excel spreadsheet to help me track my carbs and cals. I’ve been tracking everything I eat and because of the strawberry festival I’ve been having for the past few days, I have actually been having trouble meeting the basic requirement of calories that I need to eat. Imagine that, I’m having trouble eating enough food in a day! Last night I had to eat a rather calorie heavy dinner just to hit my calorie quota. I had a very large mixed green salad with real cheddar cheese and buttermilk dressing. I had a grilled pork chop marinated in lime juice and red pepper flakes. I had a cup of steamed green beans. I had two ounces of almonds. And of course I had more strawberries!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

I love summer fruit season (hate summer). I can eat an absolute feast of fruit for a meal, along with a container of yogurt, and make hardly a dent in my caloric intake for the day. (Not so great when I'm low-carbing, but then I just make a point of picking fruits with a lower glycemic index.)

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home