From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Love!

Yesterday was wonderful! We had such a romantic day, just hanging out with each other and talking and laughing. Then we went to a nice romantic dinner at a fancy dancy restaurant where we drank wine by candlelight and held hands at the table and just had a splendid time. It was very cute, a couple dining a few tables away from us were celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary. The waiter mentioned to them that it was our first and the husband came over to wish us congratulations and tell us that the secret to making it work is that no matter how long you’ve been married you have to also keep dating each other. Then they walked out arm in arm, laughing and looking into each other’s eyes. Aahh, I think we’ll be that lucky too! So I don’t know how many calories or carbs I ate yesterday. It’s not like nutritional knowledge would have changed anything about the way I ate but I’m always curious to know what the damage is from a free day! I know it was a lot and I’m really, really bad at estimating. Seriously, I know some people have this talent but it totally escapes me. So I’m just going to say that it was somewhere near 1 million, give or take a few hundred!

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendell said...

Congratulations on your 1st anniversary! Sounds like a wonderful night. Calories schmalories!

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww that sounds like a great night! Happy anniversary! I love the story of the couple married 35 years. I know a couple like that, so affectionate with each other, always smiling and laughing, acting like newlyweds after 35 years!! I wish you all that and more.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home