From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Weigh To Go! Part 4

Hello 157! Yes, I am officially in the 50’s. That means that I lost 3.2 pounds in April. (That’s 1.36 kilos for my metric friends.) I have to say that I am just tickled with myself right now. 157 baby! I actually miscounted the days this month and so TOM showed up yesterday, right on schedule, but catching me completely unaware as I was expecting him today. Of course he brought his suitcase full of bloat! But even with all of that going on, I still managed to show a 3 pound loss! What’s nice about that is knowing that in about three days I could be as much as five pounds lighter than I am right now. So obviously I’m way off from my 145 mini-goal. I’ve heard some people say that you shouldn’t set deadlines or goal dates but even with not reaching this first mini-goal I still feel better with having had some event to work towards. It keeps me motivated. So I need a new mini goal date and I’m picking my birthday for it. June 3rd, here I come! That’s about one month away and so I’d like to see myself down to 145 by then. Completely doable as long as I keep things on track and moving forward. Well Sunday is the big day. Happy first year anniversary to me! There will be a small replica of our wedding cake and a meal at a surprise restaurant and champagne to celebrate. Bring on the romance!

4 Comments:

Blogger Wendell said...

Fantastic!!! Great work!! 3 pounds on with TOM? That rocks!!! Happy anniversary too!

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Lynne, and congrats on the loss! You're doing great.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Congratulations on the loss and the anniversary. Well done you!

9:12 PM  
Blogger tash said...

You are doing fantastic. Have a truly romantic first anniversary all the best :-)

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home