From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Busy But Good

Wow, it’s been madness this week! I have been so busy and stressed out and running around crazy. I’m pretty tired and have pulled some very late nights and very early mornings. You know it’s bad when you got to sleep at 3 in the morning and then wake up at 7 in the morning, take off and are gone for the day. Last time I checked, aren’t you supposed to go to sleep at night and then wake up the next day? Doesn’t this technically mean that I’m napping a few hours every morning and completely lacking a night of sleep by definition? Anyways, I have had work deadlines and school deadlines and I’m giving it my all in class and practicum and there are no signs of stopping; in fact it’s far from over. Next week is finals week and in addition to my exams I have a ginormous presentation to give and yet another work deadline looming. Then after next week summer school begins, Monday through Friday three hours every night. And so it goes! Ok, I’m done bitching. Thanks for listening to me whine. I do have to report that all is well on the food front surprisingly! In all this madness I have managed to be so good! I think what’s been helping me with this is that my husband and I have been taking walks a few times a week to help me relieve stress and get my mind off of things. I’m so proud of me for just getting outdoors and moving around that it inspires me to stay on task with the food. I guess it’s an upward spiral instead of the usual downward!

4 Comments:

Blogger Wendell said...

Fantastic! Great to hear things are going so well! I'm impressed as hell that you are managing to exercise regularly with that crazy schedule!! It sounds like you've got great energy reserves - I'm want your energy! Hope you get a chance to catch up on your z's soon.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!! The busier and more stressed I get, the more I use that as an excuse to go off track and eat fast food and delivery and whatever. You're doing awesome, going for the walks and everything!

7:13 PM  
Blogger tash said...

Good girl! you are doing really well and keeping a positive attitude in the face of all that is going on in your life at the moment. Hope all goes well at school with exams and all else. Keep it up!

10:01 PM  
Blogger M@rla said...

OK, if I had that schedule I would just fall down on my face and drown in my own drool. You are amazing to be able to eat well and exercise on top of that!

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home