From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Cup of Salt

Last week when we went grocery shopping my husband bought a whole bunch of cup of noodle soups. They were super cheap, like two for a buck and he just couldn’t pass them up. We bought them for him but I have ended up being the one eating them. They don’t fit my rule of lower carbs or fresh ingredients but they do fit my rule of a low calorie meal; only 290 calories for a soup that takes me thirty minutes to eat and leaves me feeling full for a good couple of hours afterwards. At least this is how I have justified eating this dehydrated food product in a Styrofoam cup for up to two meals a day. Well now I realize that as much as I love them, I just need to back off the cup of noodles for a while (even though they are so yummy!) Those suckers have like 1300 mg of sodium per serving and my body has been reminding me of this fact. My fingers are so swollen that I can barely get my wedding rings on and off. Even with drinking somewhere between eight to ten bottles of water a day, it’s that bad. I don’t remember ever having such a reaction to salt previously. Since beginning this newest weight loss journey I have inadvertently changed how much sodium there is in my diet. I usually don’t eat foods high in sodium and I never add salt to any of my foods. Is it possible that as you transition out the crap foods from your eating habits you develop intolerance to those foods that at one time were a main staple?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

I'm sure you do lose your tolerance to crap in food. I know people who eat healthy most of the time and get "high" on food colours and sugar. When I did pottery class, our teacher would go mental if she had more than a couple of lollies because she never ate that kind of food.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home