From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Frustrated!

I didn’t realize it until Saturday night but I’ve worn dress clothes everyday last week. Also as I mentioned in my last post, I’ve been exercising everyday last week. So I was excited to try on the only pair of jeans that fit me lately but are extremely snug, thinking that they must fit a little looser after a whole week of exercise and good eating. Oh it was so depressing to realize that they don’t even fit at all now. The pants didn’t fit over my thighs, hips or ass and are now just too tight to wear. Can you build that much muscle in one week? Enough to make you go up almost a whole pants size? That doesn’t seem possible but that’s the only explanation I can come up with. I fully intend to stick to this plan; it’s just that I got a little freaked out by this. I know that in the past I always showed a two or three pound gain on the scale when starting an exercise program but this is the first time I’ve ever seen a physical difference that was well, negative, for lack of a better word. Has anybody else had this happen to them before? Have you “gained” significant weight/inches from exercising? If so, how long does it last before it goes away and you start to see some results?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think you are retaining water and a little bloated? When you exercise your muscles retain water so you need to drink even more than usual. Maybe that's all it is.

2:42 PM  
Blogger tash said...

I think your body has to re adjust when you start to eat and excercise consistently. I think donna may be right as well. Just stick to it, your body probably doesn't know what hit it and is just trying to react in the best way it knows how, only a matter of time until it realises you're doing good things and not trying to rob it of anything it actually needs.
I think you're doing great chickie!

6:38 AM  
Blogger M@rla said...

For me, the exercise and eating of one week don't necessarily show results in that same week. Eventually, but it's just not a direct one-to-one relationship. Also, on Monday I weighed 200 pounds. On Tuesday I weighed 208 pounds. I gained eight pounds in less than 24 hours - obviously it's water, and I'll bet that's what happens to you too. I think when I exercise a lot I have wilder up-and-downs.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home