From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Steely (Dan) Determination

This is week three of my 3 Week Exercise Challenge. Can you believe I have really loved it? It’s such a stress reliever for me in the evening; I get on the elliptical machine and when I’m done I feel so good about myself that I feel ready to go back to whatever pressing tasks need to be done. My job is ending this week (I work in a grant-funded position for a non-profit agency and my position’s term is up.) So I have been scrambling to find another position while at the same time trying to wrap up everything at this job and trying to make it through a hectic summer school schedule and continuing practicum. Usually I would use this schedule as an excuse to not exercise and instead to eat ice cream. Yet somehow working out at a set time everyday is what’s keeping me sane. I had to write about this just in case there ever comes a time in the future where I doubt my abilities to do this whole weight loss caper. If I ever whine or complain, “I can’t do it!” in the future, I want to be able to go back to this post and prove to myself that yes, I can do it. If I ever find myself blowing off exercise I want to remember that I do this because it’s good for me and because I want to do it, not because it’s a chore or a task.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home