From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Feeling Like Myself Again

Thanks for your lovely comments last post; I’ve pulled myself out of my pity party and now am feeling back on track! I think every once in awhile I have to stop and ask myself “Am I really committed to this?” and every time the answer comes back overwhelmingly, “Yes!” It’s like Patl said, one day I’ll be 40. I can be healthy and living with good habits at 40 or I can have health problems related to obesity at 40. I know what I want to be. I figure that some days may be rough but it’s all worth it. The pup and I are planning a nice walog tonight. The Foot is 100% improved and back to normal. Ibuprophen, massages, and limiting how often I wear high heels helped and now I know that I have to change up the exercise; oh Steely Dan, you and I have such a long history of a love hate relationship! Happy Friday everyone and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger PatL said...

Good for you, girlfriend! And now, how about some pup pics yourself?

3:20 PM  
Blogger tash said...

echo...good for you Lynne! It was good to read that blog because it reminded me that this is not just a short time goal but a lifetime goal. It's just something that's always at the back of my head but should really be recognised more often as it really puts this whole weightloss thing into perspective. It's not just to regain some of our youth while we are in our dying 20's but it's to be stronger in our 30's, to share our whole selves with our family and frieds in our 40's and to live long and fully into our more seasoned years. Thank you for this posting Lynne.
Oh, I have come to the realisation lately that feeling bloated, or having a "fat day" is just a perception of ourselves, a means of interpreting something we don't really like. Like you, I feel most bloated or have fat days when i have not been eating or excercisig right, as soon as I take that first step to correct these things, all of a sudden I'm noticing how much more weight I can lift at pump class instead of how wide my behind looks in a certain pair of pants. Knowing your back on track makes for such a difference in self-perception. I think for this reason it seems worthwhile for me to stick to my goals.
Sorry for the long comment, shouldda just blogged this on my own journal shouldn't I? Happy improved self-perception lovely girl.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Patl- I got a new camera for my b-day so I'll have to get some pics up as soon as I figure out how to download them!

Tash- Thank you so much for that comment, you said it better than I ever could!

Thanks for the support, guys!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Jen C. said...

So glad that the foot is feeling better, Lynne! And I hope you and the puppers had a wonderful walk (or two!) this weekend. I managed to get in all of my planned exercise, including my "smooth jazz walk" this morning at 7 a.m. and found myself thinking of you. Sending lots of good thoughts and positive energy your way!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home