From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Weigh To Go! Part 7

December’s Starting Weight: 178.9 Last Month’s Weigh-In: 148.6 Today’s Weigh-In: 145.2 Total Lost To Date: 33.7 This month I’m down 3.4 pounds. I didn’t lose the 5 pounds I was aiming for but that’s ok. I find that if I set myself a goal, I just naturally try harder. I need something to strive towards; if I don’t make it, that’s ok because at least I know I was giving it my best. Last post I was worried that I had hit a plateau. But I looked back at my food journal and weigh-ins and realized that I really got down to business and started logging in all my calories and carbs at the end of April. Since then, I’ve been losing about 4 pounds a month on average so really I’m right where I should be with the 3.4 loss this month. I also started doing some weight lifting the last few weeks. I’ve always stuck to jogging/walking/running and now I’m doing all kinds of new exercises using free weights and resistance bands. I build muscle easily and so I think that feeling like my body is stuck might be more of a result of building muscle. I’m the type of person who gets discouraged if my pants feel tight and ignores the fact that my legs are getting smoother and more toned. It’s just a leftover fear that big equals Fat. So what if my pants aren’t feeling as loose as I’d like them to feel? I’m totally ignoring the fact that I’m replacing fat with muscle. I need to remember that this is long-term and in a few more weeks I’ll really be able to see the benefits. I also wanted to make sure I said thank you for all your supportive comments last post. Every once in awhile I have these little freak out moments where I think I can’t do this and it’s so nice to feel your support. It makes me feel like yes I can do this! I also think that I’ll take your advice and see if I can mix up my food program too. It’s something that I really like the idea of. I’m going grocery shopping tonight and I think I want to buy more fresh veggies and fruits. I tend to eat very pre-packaged, easy to carry meals during the day because it fits into my busy schedule. But that doesn’t mean that when I get home I need to eat that way too. So I figure that at night I’m going to really try to eat more balanced dinners with lots of fresh vegetables, lean protein and fruits for dessert. So July is gone already! Can you believe it? I had vowed to kick its ass this month and all things considered, I’m going to say I at least managed to slap it around some. Ok, August, here I come!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

I agree with you about goal setting - it's better to set the bar too high and just miss, than to have no goal or ones that are easy to reach. Goals DO make you try harder.

1:52 PM  
Blogger FatMom said...

Wow, Lynne! You're doing so well! Congratulations on your wonderful weight loss!

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read thru most of your blog and It looks like you're doing really well. Congratulations!! I started a blog recently too for the same reasons as you...to stay motivated to my own goals. Ironically I had the same goal for July as you and I've made about the same amount of progress towards it as you have, so I feel you're pain & your pride. I loved your slapping it around comment. How fitting.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home