From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Because Lynne Cannot Live On Soda Alone

All my life I really have struggled to drink water. In the old days I used to drink nothing but sodas and rarely would drink water straight up. I used to hate the fact that it had no taste and would barely choke it down before finding my way to the closest vending machine. But over the past few months I have developed a love for my former enemy. It still is a shock to me that I drink it now because I enjoy the fresh clean feeling of water and I drink a ton of it nowadays, just like a good girl should! I easily drink at least eight to ten bottles a day and I always have a nice big glass of the clear stuff next to me at all times. At work we have bottled water but today we ran out. I only had the one bottle that I had brought with me and that was gone within the first twenty minutes. By 10 o’clock I noticed a slight headache but ignored it. By 3:00 my head was pounding. After I got home I couldn’t drink enough but the headache persisted the rest of this evening. It’s after 10 and now I’m finally feeling better! It just makes me think, how did I never drink water before? How come my little kidneys didn’t protest and give up? My poor body, it must have been scared that Water Days was over and so the headache was a warning that we weren’t going back to our former soda drinking ways! Isn’t it funny how we can spend years feeding our body crap food and depriving it of healthy things but then after we make changes for the better, our bodies become more sensitive to any slip back into old behaviors that used to be the norm?

3 Comments:

Blogger FatMom said...

Ah, that's great, Lynne!! I know what you mean! I freak OUT if I don't have enough water with me. At least two bottles every time I leave the house!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Wendell said...

Good for you! I feel like I've become pretty good about this too, actually - at long last. Partially perhaps because of a somewhat new obsession with sparkling water. I used to hate sparkling water but now I actually prefer it to soda in many cases because sometimes soda is too sweet.

4:06 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

mmmm soda
I can drink a case of diet soda in a sitting.
The water is better now so I will drink more of it.
In the last few weeks I've been having a soda a week though.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home