From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

I Am One Of Those People I Admire

Yep, I’m one of those people that I admire. At least I was for like an hour and a half. Today I started with lifting weights, followed by an ab workout and then I did a course of hill climbing on Steely Dan. I then rounded out my workout with a twenty minute one-mile run in my neighborhood. I was out there at 5:00 in the afternoon, running in 105 degree temperatures with the full sun beating down on me. Whenever I’m out driving somewhere and I pass someone running in this crazy summer heat, drenched in sweat, but focused and going the distance I am totally impressed. I always think, “Wow. That person is really hardcore! I wish I had that kind of dedication.” And that’s when I realized that hey, I was totally that person! Let’s make it official: I am a bad ass!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

Thats what I aspire to! So glad to see you are doing it. Go girl

1:00 AM  
Blogger Jen C. said...

Way to go, Lynne! I had a similar experience yesterday myself. I think the planets must've been in alignment or something! :-)

5:48 AM  
Blogger Future Me said...

Awesome! Sounds like you are doing great! I love reading stuff like this - it really motivates me because I know I can be this person to if I just try!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Wendell said...

Right ON!!!!!!! Hardcore indeed! I am seriously impressed over here. What a great feeling that must be - keep up the bad assery!

2:29 AM  
Blogger M@rla said...

Holy crap! I would fall over dead if I did all that in one day. Rock on!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home