From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Yet Another Post Where I Toot My Own Horn

So I didn’t even get to tell you all about my camping trip! As I mentioned in my earlier post, I did awesome. Seriously, I’m the shit! Friday night before we left I had asked my husband to buy food for the trip (snacks for him and healthy things for me) and effectively avoided the opportunity of ravaging the grocery store like a feral animal. I knew that I just had to avoid the store altogether because things would have just gone downhill from there. (Especially because I was still dealing with all those crazy cravings. Thankfully, those have subsided this week!) He was sweet enough to bring snacks that he knew wouldn’t present much of a temptation to me and this way he wouldn’t be deprived of all the goodies that he loves to munch on. So that took care of the craziness that usually grabs a hold of me when I’m on vacation. Because really, it’s the car rides that always get me. In fact, once we got there I had a hard time eating enough calories to meet my target. We spent the days out hiking or sight seeing starting early in the morning all the way until sundown and most of the time I was just thinking, “Water!” and felt too tired and hot to eat. I also have to tell you guys, I think I might possibly be in the best shape I’ve ever been in. Not only did I manage to do all the hiking and walks that I wanted but I enjoyed every minute of it. I haven’t been camping in years and years and so it was amazing to really get an idea of how much I’ve changed in attitude towards things like physical activity. I know on previous trips where we went hiking on some trail I was always thinking, “I’m so tired, how much further?” This time I just enjoyed the feeling of being outdoors, of my body doing exactly what I asked of it and not fighting me the whole way. It was just amazing, you guys! I think I’ve also gotten used to the idea of sweating. I know in the past I’ve been very prissy and hated to sweat, even while camping! Now on a hike I don’t think it’s challenging enough unless I’m drenched. I’m just amazed at how I’m still the same person, I’m still me at the core, but I’m discovering all kinds of things about myself that I didn’t know existed under the surface. It’s just fantastic to think about what kinds of things I’m really capable of.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

Lynne, sounds like you are really on a roll to good health. You are overcoming small setbacks sensibly, you are so fit now, and you sound like you are really enjoying your life. That is so fantastic.

Glad you enjoyed the camping, I love it too, although with three kids in tow it is never quite as peaceful as I would like it to be.

Dont worry that last months progress was slow, sometimes that happens. If you keep working at it you will get there, and it will feel like a more natural progression and be easier to continue forever.

Cheers

Joc

5:32 PM  
Blogger Future Me said...

Awesome! I bet it feels so good to write "I might possibly be in the best shape of my life." That is incredible - you should be SO proud! I would be.

I haven't been camping in a while, but we're going to the mountains this weekend for a wedding, and I plan to try to do a hike or some kind of outdoor activity on Saturday morning. I hope it goes as well as yours did!

8:31 PM  
Blogger tash said...

hi Lynne. your concern is very much appreciated and no, you didn't overstep any boundaries, all comments are welcome on my page. I know it's stupid of me to go down this route (again), and I'm not going to give any excuses cos they sound stupid to me as well. I think I just need another life lesson in diet pills 101.
Thanks but.

4:09 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Discovering our new selves is one of the great things about losing weight and getting fit!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home