From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Friday, August 18, 2006

I Have No Shame (And Pretty Laughable Taste In Music)

I had a fantastic run today. I put my ipod on and clocked up a mile and a half and then came home to lift weights. It felt fantastic! So I have to tell you, I had that new J. Timberl@ke song, “Sexy Back”, on repeat. I absolutely love that song and I don’t even have the decency to be properly embarrassed of that guilty pleasure. It’s funny; there are actually many songs on my ipod list that fall into that category. It’s like a 12 year old girl broke into my house and programmed my ipod with boy band and pop princess music. But it helps me kick ass when I’m working out so instead of denying my affinity for teen bubble gum pop music, I’m proudly declaring it here!

6 Comments:

Blogger Wendell said...

No - I totally agree! I love this song, too. There's no shame in it. Well, maybe a little, but we'll enduring together. I'm waiting to buy it as I'm going to pick up an itunes gift certificate for myself in the states as songs are cheaper on that end. But this song is first on my list!

2:43 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Most of the music I love I'd get booed and hissed at for playing in public so I wont laugh at your love of JT either ;-)

Great job on the running too!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Jen C. said...

Yeah, so I have to ask...*blushes* Where did you find the song for download? I love the song, too, and went scouring the internet to find it for my iPod yesterday to no avail! *laugh* Oh...scary how much we have in common sometimes! ;-) By the way, I have been wondering about the exact thing you mentioned in your last comment on my blog. Is all of this increased exercise we're doing responsible for our recent bouts of insomnia? It's the only thing that makes sense (in that it's really the only thing that's changed for me lately), but wouldn't you think we'd be more tired and would, thus, be sleeping more? It's so weird! Hope you're getting enough ZZzzzs to keep you going these days! And keep up the great work! *hugs* :-)

6:19 AM  
Blogger FatMom said...

Ha! I love it! Whatever motivates you! I've got one JT song...the one that goes: Don't be so quick to...walk away...dance with me... I love it! Really makes you want to work your ass off! Who cares?! Listen without judgment, girl! Congrats!!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I love the song too! And honnestly, I like JT a lot :)

6:44 PM  
Blogger Lily T said...

If it's good. It's good. Doesn't matter the target audience.

I'm not getting much sleep either, but i think it's because I'm on the computer blogging too much.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home