From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Weigh To Go! Part 8

December’s Starting Weight: 178.9 Last Month’s Weigh-In: 145.2 Today’s Weigh-In: 142.2 Ok, that’s 3 pounds down this month. I’m happy that I’m losing but I can’t help but feel a bit of frustration because it seems like it is taking forever to move this fat! On a post back in the beginning of June I was talking about my expectation of hitting the low forties then. Now almost three months later I’m finally here. I guess I didn’t think it would take this long. And I really kicked some butt this month, too! I fought off the cravings monster like a champ. I started running (which I’m still enjoying). I actually went camping and stayed on target where as in the past I’d have eaten enough s’mores to put me into a sugar coma. Basically I had a month that I can be really proud of, that I can say that I gave a fantastic effort to, but with only a small return. So that’s why I’m being all pissy about the three pounds. All my clothing fits the same, my body doesn’t look much different and it’s leading to impatience. But here’s what I’m thinking, I’m losing around a half a pound a week, which is still a good steady loss. In the past I’ve never lost weight slowly and steadily. I’ve never done this the “healthy” way by eating balanced, nutritious meals, by drinking lots of water, by taking vitamins and by doing regular exercise. I’ve always gone on crazy crash diets that involved deprivation and overly restrictive behavior. I’ve always expected weight loss to be hell; to be painful but quick. So this experience is all new for me. I guess this is what real change is like; I may be going slow but I’m building new behaviors on a rock foundation and leaving the slippery slopes of crash dieting behind me. So I’m now at 36.7 pounds gone and about 17 more to go. Either way I’m committed, no matter how much longer it takes!

4 Comments:

Blogger Future Me said...

Go Lynne! I know it may not seem like a lot, but you have come a long way! I get annoyed with slow losses sometimes too, but hey, at least it's going the right direction. Keep it up!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Jen C. said...

Lynne,
I'm curious...are you trying to hit a certain calorie target each day? And, if not, what are you doing to lose the weight? It may be time to re-evaluate the current plan, given you're smaller size and increased exercise. This has helped me immensely at this point! (Send me an email if you want and we can discuss! :-) )

10:00 AM  
Blogger Lily T said...

Wow. We're relatively in the same part of our weight loss journey!

Slow and steady is frustrating, I know, but I feel this way it's going to stick (at least longer).

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are doing AWESOME. Look at that total pounds gone number! Think of it this way, a year is going to pass by anyway... How long it takes doesn't matter, although I know how frustrating it is! Keep it up, you're doing faaaabulous.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home