From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

You Shouldn't Buy Trail Mix Just To Eat The M&M’s

So tomorrow afternoon the husband, pup and I are leaving for a weekend camping trip; I’m very excited (and just a little bit nervous.) Nervous because see this can pretty much go two ways. Scenario one: We’ll stop at the grocery store on our way up and I’ll buy all kinds of fruits and veggies and healthy stuff for grilling and snacking. Combine that with a lot of beautiful scenic hiking and this weekend could shape up to be a cleverly-disguised-as-fun chance to burn some fat. Scenario two goes a little more like this: We stop at the grocery store and I lose my ever-loving mind and when the haze clears I find myself on a three-hour car ride with a few Family sized bags of chips, some Twinkies, and a sack full of more candy then you can shake a slim jim beef jerky stick at. (Scenario two is pretty much how all my vacations end up so you can understand why I’m a little nervous.) With all these crazy cravings I’ve been having lately, things are looking particularly uphill for me. I'm counting on the fact that weigh day is on Monday. I think the fear of throwing off those numbers might be enough to insulate me from doing too much damage. Arrgh! Ok, how many days has it been now since I’ve become a hungry, bitchy blogger? Oh well, this too shall pass. And hey, I guess we’ll see what happens come Monday!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

Good luck with the pre camp shopping, I will keep my fingers crossed you choose scenario one!! Have a great time, and remember you are making a new way of doing lots of other things, (you know eating right, exercising etc) so why not take this opportunity to make a new way of camping too!!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Jen C. said...

Try to have a good time and not worry too much about the food issues. Maybe a plan for moderation is best: buy lots of fruits and veggies but enjoy a smore, as well, you know? Perhaps the middle of the road method will work best. And I'll be thinking of you while trying not to overeat (the wrong things) myself while out to dinner (2x!!) with my parents this weekend and at another bridal shower! EEK!

6:03 AM  
Blogger Xena said...

I am absolutely no help here since I hope for scenario A and usually also end up at scenario B. I guess having the awareness is good!

We're going camping too, although it's supposed to rain all weekend, so..

Have fun!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Wendell said...

I'm about to be in a similar situation - for 10 freaking days. Plan is for lots of hiking, but when I hike, I feel justified in eating like a mofo. But I must not! I've packed onlly smallish clothes. That'll teach me. Good luck on Monday!!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

LOL, I've bought trail mix for the exact reason, oh and the banana chips. I'll manage to eat a bit of the "other stuff" but usually just end up throwing it away. lol

8:52 PM  
Blogger M@rla said...

Love the headline, I thought I was the only one who did that!

Car trips are one of my worst situations for controlling my eating. I get so bored, and that makes me snacky.

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home