From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Assumptions

So my boy is out of town for work next week and my friend from school was talking about coming over one day to hang out and keep me company. Because I have turned into a major exercise addict (read: running dork) I asked if she would be interested in going for a run when she comes over. She laughed and said, “Well, that would be cool but I don’t know if I could keep up with you. I haven’t worked out for a long time and I’m sure that you’ll run circles around me.” That totally surprised me because I had just assumed that because she’s a size two and has a great shape that she would be the one running circles around me. I also thought it was pretty cool that she assumed that I might actually be in good enough shape to outrun her. I still think of myself as this couch potato who gets winded walking to the mailbox. But I guess I totally am not that anymore! Today I ran a mile and three quarters and would have gone further but my ipod battery kicked the bucket about halfway through. I definitely need music to run to. I charged the little sucker up today so I won’t be caught unawares again! Who knows how far I’ll go tomorrow now that I have my badass theme music ready to go?

2 Comments:

Blogger Future Me said...

Hey Lynne. Doesn't it feel good to know that people perceive you as being in good shape? That rules! Have fun with your friend!

10:08 AM  
Blogger PatL said...

Very cool. Kind of makes you want to do one of those Cheshire Cat grins, don't it?

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home