From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

I Just Need To Vent!

I have been so stressed out lately. School started this week and it looks like this may be the busiest semester yet. With classes, doing practicum hours, and having to do intake hours, I can sometimes spend 20 or more hours at school. That’s like having a part time job! And speaking of jobs, I’m also job hunting and I’ve had no luck so far; I’m pretty choosy about what I’m applying for because it has to be complimentary to my school, hence the slow returns. I’m willing to wait to find the perfect job but it can be kind of nerve wracking to be in transition. My life is always so busy so I try to keep things as reliable as possible and it seems like lately all things, both big and small, have been up in the air. Ok, that’s the end of my bitch session. There’s just so much going on right now that I don’t want to waste your time about. Are you still there? I hope I didn’t bore you into a coma with my whining! But really, all this stress is starting to get to me. I’ve been having trouble sleeping and my face is breaking out. I also think that’s why it’s been three days and I’ve had barely any appetite. That’s extremely unusual! Whenever I’m stressed I usually eat anything that isn’t nailed down! But I’ve just been walking around here feeling like there’s so much on my mind and that if I eat, I’ll feel sick. Ok, sorry, I snuck a little more bitching and whining in there again, didn’t I? Well, here’s what I did today to kind of combat some of this Stress! I put on my ipod and ran for two and a half miles and then walked at a quick pace back home for another half mile. It felt so good! When I started running I just listened to the music and cleared my mind. Then after I got into my groove I kind of just mulled things over and maybe because my body was in motion and using up so much energy, things began to seem more manageable. When I got home, I took a nice long hot bath. So, I’m more relaxed. I didn’t solve any things but I did definitely change my attitude towards all these stressors. I just keep telling myself that things will settle down soon; stuff in life always seems to work itself out in the end anyway, doesn’t it? I figure I can worry a ton about things and stuff will fall into place or I can take everything in stride and it will all still fall into place. Option B sounds a little more appetizing, don’t you think?

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

I can totally relate to your feeling of stress. I'm in the last semester of a four year degree, and things are EXTREMELY hectic. I can't wait until I start work at the end of the year - just to be in a routine!

While it sounds like an excuse, and to some extent it is, I find that with a lack of routine I struggle with losing weight. When I was working at the beginning of the year, the weight fell off. But now eating has become my favourite procrastination tool.

What I'm trying to say here, is that you ought to be congratulated for doing so damn well with this weight loss caper when your life has been so hectic. You should pat yourself on the back!

4:48 AM  
Blogger Jen C. said...

My advice: save the energy you could be using on worrying needlessly about the things you can't control...and use it on the things you CAN control. While this concept is very simple, reminding myself of it really helps me when the going gets tough. And, remember, like all things, good or bad, this too shall pass. ;-)

5:46 AM  
Blogger Xena said...

I love the therapeutic effects of exercise! Good for you for doing something healthy for yourself instead of eating everything that is not nailed down. Bitch sessions are perfect - get it off your chest and out of your head (and keep it off your hips, hee hee!).

Good luck with the job search - yuck.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home