From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Size 7, WooHoo!

I had one of those “WTF was I thinking!?” moments today. I tried on a pair of stretch denim L.E.I. jeans this morning. They’re a size 7 and they’ve been hanging in my closet since my pre-wedding days. I got them up and buttoned and while they’re very, very tight, they technically fit! The jeans that I’m currently wearing have gotten too big and so I decided to wear the size sevens today because I figured it would be nice to wear a pair of pants that aren’t completely falling down for once. I was feeling good until I got to work and then I totally wondered what the hell I was thinking! Those jeans were so tight and I almost in a sense felt naked just because they really show the shape of my lower body, both the good aspects and the bad. Later on I started thinking that they’re not really that bad, it’s just that I’m so used to my clothes feeling baggy and on top of that I’ve spent a long time hiding my figure and so wearing something that really shows it was almost scary! I don’t know exactly what size jeans I’m shooting for as my goal size but I figure 7 has to be pretty darn close. I think right now it’s more about wearing those jeans but changing my body to fit them in a way that I think looks both healthy and flattering. So, yeah it's not really about the numbers (but still woo hoo! about the 7's!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

That is awesome!

I love reading your blog - and it seems that every time I visit you've reached some kind of new and exciting milestone! Go you!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Woohoo! Congrats! You should be very proud. I would love to be that size!

4:44 AM  
Blogger Wendell said...

Odd numbers mean 'juniors' don't they?! Well done!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Xena said...

Woohoooooo! What a great milestone! All of your hard work is paying off.

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home