From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

It's The Xtra Small Things That Count

I went to target last weekend to buy a few new blouses to wear for practicum. All the tops that I’ve been wearing are size large and they look funny on me when I wear my size six pants with them. The pants fit right but all the shirts fit in a way that is strongly reminiscent of a potato sack. Not sexy! So I bought five tops (I love when things are all on sale) and I bought everything in a size extra small. Now I’m not sure how the manufacturers call these shirts size extra small because it seems like everything runs big (these are probably closer to small/medium in other stores) but boy does it feel nice to buy the teeniest tiniest size that they offer! All the sweaters are kind of stretch knits so they expand to fit me now but will still fit nicely when I get down to my goal weight. Right now they are very snug and I’m burning extra calories because I’m working so hard to keep my tummy sucked in! But hey, this means that I haven’t wasted money on new outfits that will be unwearably big within a month or so. That’s one of my personal pet peeves, spending money on a great shirt that I like, only to not be able to wear it in a few months time because my weight has either fluctuated drastically high or low. I guess it’s the result of never having been able to maintain a stable weight my entire adult life and therefore my closet is filled with clothes that are not wearable for whatever reason. It’s like throwing money at a problem that never goes away and in the end I still don’t have anything to wear! But buying in the extra small sizes, I won’t have that problem unless I gain the weight back and I don’t plan on doing that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home