From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Doing What Works For Me

Things have been very busy and stressful but I’m doing relatively well with my eating. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are fourteen hour days. On those days it’s best for me to keep to a predictable, even if mundane, routine: Oatmeal for breakfast, cup of soup for lunch, low cal snack pack in the afternoon and then because school and practicum take up a lot of time, I don’t eat again until around 10. I know that I should probably be eating more times throughout such a long day and distributing my calories more evenly but I enjoy having that nice big dinner to look forward to. I don’t mind (much) the bowls of Halloween candy or morning box of doughnuts lying around the office if I know that at dinner time I can eat a big meal that will fill me up and satisfy me. I’ve always been a night time eater and the thing that trips me up most is if I spend all my calories during the day and then have to scale back dinner to a small meal. That’s how I often find myself starving at 10 o’clock at night and deciding to say, “Screw it!” and I end up face down in a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos. Even on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays when I eat smaller portions and more meals throughout the day, I am starving late in the evening and I feel like looking for something, anything to munch on. I just think it’s funny that for so long I tried to fight that late night eater tendency that I’ve always had and that by actually sensibly accommodating it, I’ve had an easier time on keeping myself on track.

1 Comments:

Blogger FatMom said...

Late night eating! The BANE of my existance! But...I've gotten a pretty good handle on it. It does help me to eat smaller meals throughout the day. So...I find myself eating every 2-3 hours (cup of oatmeal, half a sandwich and a V8, fruit and crackers, blah, blah, blah...). Seems to help. Hope you're doing well!!

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home