From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

1 Challenge Down, 5,647,364 More To Go

Today I ate at cheesecake factory, yum! I did ok, maybe just a little more butter and bread than I intended but other than that I ate reasonably well. For my meal I ordered a chicken/avocado/flatbread sandwich like thing. I only ate about half of it and half of the fries that came with it, the other half of the sandwich was dinner and it was just as good as it was at lunch. This weekend has actually been one of the yuckier weekends food and exercise wise that I’ve had in a long time. Like I said, today wasn’t bad, and yesterday I was about three hundred calories over target. That only becomes a problem because I knew that today was going to be a big eating day and so that makes two days of lax eating. Which again wouldn’t be that bad except that I also haven’t done any exercise this whole weekend. I ran about a mile and a half on Thursday night and I really struggled the whole time. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I spent either studying for school, sitting on my ass or napping. I usually look forward to my workouts, they serve as stress relievers and I find them pretty enjoyable, but this weekend I couldn’t even talk myself into thinking about any exercise. I was worried that maybe the reason I was so tired and unmotivated was a sign of me coming down with something. But then as happens every month, I did the math and realized that TOM was coming. I swear I could post this paragraph every 28 days! It sucks to know that every four weeks I’ll feel tired and bitchy, I’ll be all pissy because my clothes don’t seem to fit right and I’ll be ravenously hungry no matter how much I eat. And for some reason I forget that I feel like this every month and I wind up thinking, “Have I lost my motivation?” So this week was so-so, it could have been better but I also know it could have been a lot worse! I’m looking forward to Thursday when I’ll be feeling better and I’ll be back to my normal exercise schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home