From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Weigh To Go! Part 10

December’s Starting Weight: 178.9 Last Month’s Weigh-In: 137.4 Today’s Weigh-In: 134.8 That’s 2.6 pounds lost for the month of October and a total of 44.1 gone since December. I figure that 2.6 pounds is not too bad of a loss considering the case of the blahs I’ve had the last few weeks. And I’m especially excited that this puts me at less than 10 pounds left to go! I had originally set 125 pounds as my goal; I chose it because this is what WW had set as my goal a few years ago and I think that somewhere in the back of my mind I couldn’t imagine getting down that low so it seemed as good a number as any! Now it seems weird to be so close (weird but also exciting!) and I hope that being this close will give me the much needed motivation that I’ve been lacking lately. I just keep remembering when I was thirty-something pounds away from goal and it felt like I would never get to the 134 that I am right now, let alone 125. There have been so many times along the way that I thought that this was an impossible thing to do and I felt like giving up. But now I’m so close and I’m going to push myself. I started this weight loss journey almost a year ago in December. I’d like to see myself at goal by the end of this year. I think I can take off nine more pounds before the end of 2006 and if anything, knowing I’m so close and going for this last nine may be what I need to face the holiday madness that is quickly approaching!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

WOW! WOW WOW WOW! Down here in little ole NZ, we use kilograms, not pounds. I knew you were losing consistently, but I just went and used a pounds to kgs converter - and God girl!!! You're amazing! You started in December at 81kgs, and are now SIXTY one kilos. That is incredible. You are awesome.

What's also awesome, is that you have your blog to look back on the year - how you felt at different stages of the game etc. Your motivation has been awesome.

I started losing weight at the same time as you - started at 89.4kgs (which, according to my trusty converter, is 197 lbs). I dropped to 77kgs (169lbs), and am now back up somewhere around the 197. It pisses me off that I haven't managed to continue like you have, and have done a complete U turn.

It's not easy, Lynne. Yet you are almost there. I'm rooting for you!

1:24 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Congratulations on being so close to your goal! That's wonderful. Keep p the excellent work :)

2:41 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Hey Lynne, so close now, and if you lived in Australia and used Kilos instead of pounds like Lee in NW, you would have less than 5 kilos to go. You can definitely make your goal by the end of the year, you have been so dedicated to this journey all along, just one more push forward and you are there. GO FOR IT!

Joc :-)

6:10 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Sorry typo, should proof read, doh, Lee is in NZ not NW lol

Joc

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home