From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

No Motivation For Anything Except Eating

Arrgh! This week has been just a little blah. I’m not doing horribly (I’ve seen me do much worse!) but I feel myself slipping in motivation a little bit. In addition to my not having properly exercised for almost two weeks, I can’t seem to stay on target food wise. I’ve gone over my calorie range every day this last week. One day 20 calories over, the next 580 calories over, the next 50 calories over and so on and so on. Maybe it’s the weather change because I have been so hungry lately, even after TOM went away and was no longer there to blame. Weigh in is three days away and it will be interesting to see what the scales say. Hopefully this feeling of blah-ness will clear up soon. I feel like I need to do as well as possible right now because this time of year always kicks my ass!

3 Comments:

Blogger PatL said...

Ok, so here's an idea for getting your mojo back: declare tomorrow a one food group day. You can only have, say, fruits and fruit juice. Or dairy. Or meats. Probably anything except grains or sugary foods, which I find only spawn a desire for more grains or sugary foods.

Just one day should do it, but you can always do two. Then go back to a varied, calorie-restricted diet.

Just an idea. Sometimes we have to do weird things to get our minds & bodies back in the groove!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Alea- Thank you! I'm feeling so blah that it feels nice to "hear" you say that. Somtimes we need all the motivation we can get!
Pat- I agree. Maybe what I need is a change in pace or even a shock to my system of some sorts. There's a fine line between consistency and boring and I may be a little over that line this week.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

You can get through the blahs but I know it's hard, I'm there right now as well and it's alwaus harder this time of year. We can do this!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home