From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Oooh, Irony: Finding Motivation By Taking A Break

More on Operation: Get My Head Back In The Game. I’ve managed to reign the extra eating back in but I’m still struggling with the exercise. I will find any excuse to not workout, from cleaning house to visiting with friends and family. I think the bad thing is that I’ve gotten so much more done lately because I’ve been so motivated to avoid exercising! My laundry gets done, my homework gets finished, my car is clean, etc. and all of these things are not good incentive for getting back on to the exercise horse. I am just so busy that I really only have so much time for so many things to get done. I tend to give up about an hour to an hour and a half to exercising plus I have to really plan my day around a workout. I have to plan what I eat and when I eat so that I have energy and then I have to make sure that I have enough time to shower and get ready afterwards so that I can move on to the next tasks that need to be done. I know that in the long run it’s not doing me any good to not exercise but I think I need a break so I can play a little catch up with all the other pressing things going on in my life right now. I’ve only done two half-hour workouts with Steely Dan this weekend when usually I would have clocked up at least 6 to 8 miles by now. I’m not sure how long I’ll take this little work out break, maybe only a few weeks, but I’m going to just concentrate on working out only when I feel like it and only for as long as I want to and most importantly I’m not going to guilt myself into a workout anymore. Hopefully this will put me back into looking at exercise as fun and not as just one more thing on my huge to do list.

1 Comments:

Blogger Future Me said...

Hi Lynne - I think your plan is a good one. Sometimes we all just need a break, and I think soon enough you'll want to get back to it with a vengance. For now, have fun catching up on all the little things!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home