From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

More But Not As Lengthy Inane Blatherings By Me About Troubles In Covering My Ass

Hey, so I did get some jeans! I’ve been on such a mission to buy some new pairs because the day that I cleaned out my closet I gave away all of my jeans except for one pair. The pair that I kept fit but they’re “summer jeans” because the length of the leg is shorter in order to show off cute summer sandals. The only pair of “winter jeans” that I had I decided to throw in the pile at the last minute. I wanted to keep them because they’re the only pair long enough to wear with boots but they were so big that I had to cinch them in with a belt and then make sure my shirt was long enough to cover the bulky puckering of too much fabric at the top so in the end I put them on the pile. I bought two new pairs. I got these ones in a size 4 and these ones in a size 2. Now I assume that the dk’s must not be sized by American sizes because an American 2 is super small but these fit right. In fact, they’re the best fitting pair of jeans I’ve owned! The fabric is so soft and they fit my hip to waist ratio better than most other pairs of jeans I’ve had. They look so good with a stiletto black boot, fitted sweater and this coat, my favorite new purchase (I bought it in an XS, guys!) The ol'navy jeans are not soft (contrary to what they may say on the website) and I’m going through the whole breaking them in period. With them I’m running into the same problem I have with all other jeans, they are so tight and unforgiving across the thighs, too baggy at the waist and constantly being pulled down by the constant rubbing together of my thighs. No wonder why I always blow out the seams of my pants, that’s a lot of friction!

2 Comments:

Blogger Future Me said...

We want pictures! I bet you look so cute in your new getup. I'm so glad you found something you like.

And thanks for the comments by the way; it's nice to know you're out there thinking the same things I am. Smooches! :)

4:48 PM  
Blogger Red said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the DKNY Soho Jean. They fit great -- especially the hip-to-waist ratio as you said -- but they come in a petite that fits me both in the rise and length. (Not to mention that DKNY jeans always the booty look great no matter who's wearing them.) Glad you like them, too. Can't wait to see pictures. Size two! Girl, you rock!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home