From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

A Post For Donna

Hey thanks for the advice guys, and I think I am going to go the gift card route for some people this year. In particular, Star bucks, because I seem to have friends who are fancy coffee junkies. Oh, and yes Donna, my mall does have corn dogs! It’s from the famous “On a stick” place and they are so good! They’re what a lot of my childhood memories are made of. My mom used to haul my sister and I around the mall when we were really little. We just absolutely hated being dragged around from department store to department store, dressing room to dressing room, as my mother scoured high and low over what seemed like every clothing rack the stores had to offer. At the time it felt like hour after miserable hour that my sister and I would wait patiently, knowing that when it was all over, we’d pay a visit to those silly-hatted, lemonade churning girls and it would all be worth it. To this day, whenever I’m in a mall there’s always this chance that I’ll revert back to a six-year kid who can only be appeased by a corn dog and fresh lemonade! So yep, Donna, there are most definitely corn dogs and their siren call reaches as far as their deep-fried honey batter smell! And speaking of the lovely Donna, here’s a link to her Christmas project, check it out if you haven’t already. I can never say enough things about that lady but she really does have a heart of gold. (And kitties that you just can’t get enough of!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, thanks Lynne!!!

I can't eat corn dogs anymore since I cut out wheat, dairy, sugar... (and why hasn't the scale budged, I ask you?!?!) but if they had been available in a mall near me I would have eaten LOTS of them.

Thanks for the kind words and the link sweetie!!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home