From Lynne to Lean

This is my journey from Lynne to lean. My new year's resolution is the same I've had most of my adult life: To lose weight. I also resolved to start doing things that I would normally be afraid of doing. This weblog is where these two resolutions converge.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Still Here

Hey all! How are you guys doing? I’m fine, still over here plugging away. Trying not to die in a sea of homework, papers, practicum and finals. But next week is the last week of the semester and then it’s four weeks off! Woo hoo! Then I can finally get around to my Christmas shopping. I’ve been kind of stressed out about that. There are a few people that I have no idea what to get for them, and I’m sure I’ll be wandering the stores in a panic trying to find that perfect gift. I think anytime you have to buy for someone who you know well enough to buy a gift for but still not well enough to be exactly sure of what they’d like, you end up in this dilemma. For example, I’m having this difficulty buying for a girl that I got for Secret Santa at work. It’s hard because she’s one of “the girls” (there are 5 of us) so I know her but I don’t really know her outside of our little group lunches that we go on every month or so. I’m not quite sure what she would like or what I should buy her so, I’ll have to work on that. I also have two friends from school that I’m buying a gift for the first time. These girls I know pretty well but I’m not sure what to get them yet. I’ll have to think back to what I know about them and what they like so that I have an idea what I’m doing for them. And I have to do that before Tuesday because that’s probably the last time I’ll see them before Christmas. Ok, sorry for making you read my boring, random thoughts that pretty much have organized themselves as a rambling to do list. Just think of me as I’m trying to get this all done and wish me luck that I figure out the perfect gifts for everyone on my list before I hit the mall. Because if I’m not extra prepared then I’ll probably find myself wandering the food court, cinnabon in one hand and corn dog in the other, having caved from all the holiday stress.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen C. said...

Back away from the Cinabons! ;-) I'm a huge fan of online shopping at this time of the year. And gift cards for places like Borders are always a good option, too...especially for those folks you don't know real well. That way they can buy a book or music that they really like. Just a thought. My advice: no matter what, keep it simple! Between the time of year and all you have going on right now, it could be the key to keeping your sanity! ;-) Hang in there!

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have CORN DOGS in your food court?!? Hehe

I'm a gift basket giver for people I don't know what else to get. There are so many good ones around this time of year, at really great prices!

4:52 PM  
Blogger M@rla said...

In the olden days you'd be able to give people handkerchiefs or some equally impersonal gift - much easier that way.

I like to give people candles, everyone needs candles. Or they can regift it.

Good luck with the corn dogs and cinabons!

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home